Saturday, November 3, 2007

Alybadras of Gahanna, OH

In January 2007, I contracted with Vonage as my land phone carrier. My bill was paid automatically via my Visa credit card. Starting in March 2007, without my request and unknown to me, a second number was added to my account and systematically charged to my credit card. This went on for 8 months. When I realized it on October 29, 2007, I was told that Vonage would not refund anymore than $24.99 x 2, within 3 to 5 calendar days. I am owed in excess of $220.00, taxes included, with little to no hope of recovering it any time soon. I've spent much time on the phone with overseas staff. This is outrageous, especially considering that it seems to be a recurrent theme with Vonage.

Should anyone wish to start a class action, I am more then willing to participate in it and stop this fraudulent scheme by a company which does not have any office nor representative in the state of Ohio. I, for one, view these tactics as a direct violation of each and every law, forbidding unfair and deceptive business practices.

No comments: